Sunday 13 August 2017

Berries & Bluebirds applique...

I have done a little bit more work on my applique quilt.


Block one is finished and I am happy with the results.

I have done the applique with Aurifil 50wt in matching colours.  However, after I started the applique Aurifil brought out the 80wt thread.  It is incredible, it just sinks into the fabric and disappears after stitching.  




The next block just waiting on me to stitch the brown and then onto a new block.  I use short applique pins from Clover for placement as well as a little Roxanne's Baste It Glue.

My hand stitching applique kit consists of the following:-


Clover thimble, this type doesn't slip off your finger and is really comfortable to wear.
Tulip or Bohin Size 10 large eye applique needles, quite short but glides through the fabric when stitching.
Aurifil 80 wt thread, sinks and disappears  leaving beautifully placed applique pieces and it is easy to thread the needle as it is so fine.
Gingher Applique Scissors, who can't resist a pair of Gingher's.  I love them and these are curved at the bottom so they get very close to where you need to cut.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...