Monday 28 August 2017

A busy weekend...

A day stitching I managed to get my son's Moda Blueberry Crumbcake jelly roll race quilt sandwiched together with a beautiful wool batting, basting gun in hand as I forgot the spray adhesive I normally use to save on the backache.  Excuse the creases, it was a blustery day whilst trying to photograph.


Goodies from my shopping included five new reels of the Aurifil 80 weight thread along with a layered storage tub and my Quilter's Patch BOM and basting gun refills.



I really enjoyed the weekend as it was the first time that me and darling hubby had the house to ourselves in more than nineteen years.  We get the odd day or night but never two nights and three days.  It was the little things I noticed, the peace and quiet, everything being tidy for more than a day.  Not having to wash up three or four times - just once, cooking for two and not five.  We had some wonderful food, steak with peppercorn sauce and delicious lobster.  Healthy food for Saturday in the form of salad (well, ok, it was nearly healthy, cheesy coleslaw, tempura chicken, jacket potato) followed by caramel lattes and chocolate cookies.



A very quiet Sunday baking for my hubbies friends who are holding a coffee morning for charity on Bank Holiday Monday at the Moresby Rugby Club.  Gluten Free Cheese Scones, Gluten Free Lemon Drizzle Cake, Gluten Free Date & Walnut Loaf, Gingerbread and last but not least a Borrowdale Tea Bread.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...