Thursday 24 August 2017

Smocking for a dress...

I got the smocking block completed for the Devotion dress from Australian Smocking & Embroidery Magazine Issue 53.


I changed it slightly to the pattern and was pleased with the results.  I always try to make an alteration as it is good experience and also makes it individual.


I am also going to add some bullion embroidery to the collar and cuffs that will match with the fabric print.


It is time for it to be blocked out to the required measurements.  It takes a little doing.  The large ironing board, a good steam iron, pins and patience.  I need to take out all the cotton thread from the pleater.  This will then free the smocked pleats and it will stretch and conform easily to make the front dress piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...