Saturday 24 February 2018

Shepherd's Bush Sailor's Collar Sampler...

I picked up my newly framed Shepherd's Bush Sailor's Collar Sampler today and I am just in awe.  It looks so good now it's framed.  It is a sampler celebrating the marriage and life of my husband's parents Ejvind & Dorothy.


There are so many connections that can be made from this sampler to our family.


The three buttons at the top represent our three children.


The vast array of stitches used in this design is incredible and I cannot remember them all.  The original sampler design had the alphabet stitched into it but I changed that to my in-laws names and date of marriage.


My father-in-Law was a long time fisherman, who spent most of his earlier life at sea until he retired (I don't think he really retired, he just didn't work as long hours but still managed to get out on the boats from time to time, even if just to cook).


There are quite alot of beads through the design as well and I hope you can see the intricacies within the photographs.


It is going to hang in our hallway but our daughter has already made a claim on it and announced it's hers.


Anchors, crashing waves, boats, sunshine and fish.  I couldn't think of a better design representing a special Mum and Dad who are greatly missed. (1997 and 2007).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...