Sunday 18 February 2018

Gillian Blackwork progress Day 2...



I have stitched quite a bit today.  I am not entirely happy with the shading but I think it is because I am using all DMC for the colours and the materials listed using a variety of Anchor and DMC.  I don't have any Anchor threads as I don't like using them, they twist alot and are not as reliable as the DMC threads.


The colours at the base are blending really nicely but not so much at the hind leg of the hare.


There seems to be quite a bold line even though I worked them in two colours so I might take a few out and replace with a different colour.  Practice makes perfect as they say.

Not sure if I will get much more done on this in the next couple of days.  Hubby and me both have hospital appointments and I would like to think that we feel better tomorrow and may get out for some fresh air.




No comments:

Post a Comment