Saturday 12 February 2011

CUPCAKE LOVE

This is what I spend my time doing with my children - baking cupcakes - they just love them - my daughter is chairperson for the Prom Committee and each week she organises a bake sale for the Friday morning.  Each week I get a list of what they would like - usually cupcakes.  The first week was triple chocolate with dainty little flowers and Friday was Valentines special so they had to have handmade glittered edible hearts on.

I am getting requests on flavours now which I don't mind doing for my children or their friends but couldn't do it on a grand scale.  Friday saw me icing 70 small ones and 28 large ones.  For next week I have had requests for chocolate orange.  It has taken me over a year to perfect my recipe for both the sponge and the buttercream icing which is incredibly light - they also have a secret bit to them which I think is why they always sell out when daughter takes them.





The battery went on my camera on the last photo but I have got to make more for Valentines Day for my eldest son and my husband so will get some more pictures.  Thanks to Jodi for the cupcake wrappers which came in really handy this weekend.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Ooh Yum! I have been lucky enough to have sampled Elaine's cupcakes and they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you do so much! Those cupcakes look worth travelling up for. 'J' for jealous that Jojo has sampled some already!

    ReplyDelete

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...