Sunday 27 February 2011

Birthday Present for Mum

This is what I have been working on for the last couple of months.  It is a quilt to go on the back of my Mum's leather sofa - bringing in all the colours she loves and hand embroidery which is one of her favourite crafts to see.

The fabric is from Moda's Awesome range - I am using a charm pack and a layer cake but will have some leftover.


I have tried a few different ways of setting out the pieces and have yet to make my mind up.




Hoping this will be finished by the end of March - just has to be stitched, backed, quilted and then the binding put on - I haven't got the binding fabric yet but will have soon.  Hope you like it. :)




2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely Ellie, your Mum will love it. I like the square arrangement - if that makes sense :)
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 2nd photo down of the arrangements if that makes sense?

    ReplyDelete

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...