Monday 21 May 2012

Singer 99k Sewing Machine

She's arrived, this is my new little beauty Trix, the Singer 99k sewing machine from 1950


Veneered box that covers the machine, this is the before picture, it has now been wiped with white spirit and then needs to be polished with beeswax.


The decals are in perfect condition all around the machine, there isn't one part of the decals missing.


These are the before pictures.  I have now polished the whole of the sewing machine with AutoGlym Resin Polish and it has brought it up beautifully.


Even had the original instruction booklet


and an immaculate condition Singer Box complete with accessories.


Come back at the end of the week to see the difference in the shine and the wooden case.  The only items I am looking for are a key for the box and a Singer Godzilla Tin, which should be on its way soon.


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a wonderful find. I can't wait to hear about how it stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sews beautifully - just tried it a little. Can't wait to get it completely finished and test her out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little 99. You are so lucky!! I have told my husband that the next machine that I want, is a hand
    crank. I have been looking for one. I want to be able
    to sew when he takes me camping...I think it would be neat to sit out under a tree, and work on a quilt or project. Keep us posted on your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I just saw a 99K with the bentwood case at a shop but there are no attachments included except for the straight foot that is attached. Can you tell me which feet should have been included? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pegasus, there should be a straight stitch, a zipper and a buttonhole foot but they are not always included and can be found by searching on google. Hope that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Elaine. The 99K I saw is from 1951, has the foot pedal, perfect decals and even has the key to the case. It also says "Great Britain" on top. Manufactured in Scotland. Just not sure it is worth the $145 price tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds as if it is electric if it has a foot pedal. There were some made in Kinloss I think it was called in Scotland, they usually have a K somewhere in the numbers. 145 dollars sound quite steep if it is not complete. I have this one and foot treadle one and they were both under 40 pounds. Keep looking would be my suggestion. The years of mine are 1910 and 1940. :)

    ReplyDelete

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...