Friday 23 March 2018

Needle Needs Necessaire Stand & Millenium Frames...

Here she is, my new toy...


The Needle Needs Necessaire Stand and I absolutely love it.  The base of the stand has two sturdy legs that fit under your chair.  The arms can be lowered to fit whatever height you feel comfortable to stitch at.  The wooden arms can also be rested on the arms of your chair which is useful if you are using one of the wider millenium frames for a large project.


The stand holds numerous types of frames but mine came with two lots of the millenium frames and I also already have a couple that have pieces of work on waiting for my retreat next month.


This is how the frames sit on the stand.  The frame above is the smallest millenium frame which is ideal for completing the smaller Sherpherd's Bush Samplers.  The linen is placed on the rollers and tucked in with the supplied card, slide the rods along which is very easy to do, then just twist the side bars until the linen is taught and drum tight.


One size of side bar along with two sizes of the roller bars.  The workmanship is excellent on these products and they are a pleasure to use.


Full instructions supplied with a picture one behind this one and the supplied 'tucking in' card for your linen.

There is a long waiting list for the stands and frames as they are such good quality but I was able to find one secondhand on the preloved website and the lady turned out to be a fellow stitcher from the Royal School of Needlework at Durham.

I am so pleased with it as it means that I can comfortably sit and stitch in the living room and not take up alot of room plus moving the frames is easy to do if you need to check stitching or take a break.

I might be using this tonight for the Friday Night stitching unless I decide to do a little quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...