Sunday 4 March 2018

Smocked & embroidered dress... Friday Night Sew In...


For the Friday Night Sew-In I completed the smocked and embroidered dress - Devotion from Australian Smocking & Embroidery.


I have put it on my 4 year old tailors dummy which doesn't quite do it justice.


The collar and sleeves are piped in the same fabric as the dress.


I changed the embroidery slightly on the design so it is individual.


The lighting wasn't brilliant for the photographs.


The sleeves gathered beautifully, I did expect to have to put sleeve stays in but they didn't need it.


The dress is for age 6.  I am not quite sure what I am going to do with it yet, I might put it up for sale if I can find a nice underskirt to match the style of dress.


I think I will hem it four inches up as it does look quite long.

The weekend of stitching including Friday evening didn't go all smoothly.  Our central heating decided to pack up and we have been freezing.  After realising the radiators weren't working we called British Gas and they came out on Saturday, fixed the problem and we decided to get the HIVE fitted so now we have complete control of heating, lights and plugs - all through the tablets, laptops and phones.  It has been lovely and toasty warm for the rest of the weekend, the quilts are now back in the cupboard.  Hope you all managed to get some stitching done and I will have a look through the posts over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...