Wednesday 25 May 2011

New Book and New Class

This is my latest book - Country Bumpkin's A-Z of Stumpwork Embroidery

I have always loved the look of the embroidery but thought it looked really difficult.

Our quilting teacher has decided to run a new class from September - teaching stumpwork - unfortunately I won't be in a position to go as it is an evening class.  However I decided that I would get the book and see if it was possible to teach myself with the occasional help from Jill.

The embroidery that this process uses give absolutely outstanding results - I can't wait to get started.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Elaine

    I've never tried Stumpwork before. Looks rather complicated to me. I have done roses with an embroidery needle using a casting on type of stitch. This created 3D looking roses. They looked very effective. Looking forward to seeing you creations... Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...