Monday 2 May 2011

Heirloom Smocking & Embroidery

I thought I would put a few pictures of my previous handmade dresses that I made for my gorgeous daughter when she was younger - she is now 16 years old so not much smocking needed now.

The dress is from a pattern by Australian Smocking & Embroidery called 'The Perfumed Garden'.

Fourteen flower pots each with their own embroidered flowers.

The embroidery theme carried on through the sleeve cuffs

Handmade matching fabric piping was also used on the collar, cuffs and front of the dress



Rachael wore this for her school photograph when she was 7 years old.


4 comments:

  1. gorgeous absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you girls - looking for a photograph of Rachael in the dress - so many to look through!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, I love the sleeve detail.Is it easy to smock? I would love to try a maxi dress/skirt for the summer.

    ReplyDelete