Friday 4 May 2018

May the 4th be with you...

Okay, so call me corny, but I just had to as I am a huge Star Wars fan and Solo is due at the cinemas soon so couldn't resist.

I got a my first finish for May, WOW, that was fast I hear you say, so without any further delay here she is...

Shepherd's Bush Shepherd's Spring


I hope the colours can be seen.  It was quite difficult as it is a pink linen with pink, green and grey threads so I did try to get better lighting for the pictures.


The shepherd with the blackbirds surrounded by flowers (beads and stitches)


I love the baskets - the instructions were very easy to follow fortunately as they look quite complicated because they are layered stitching.  Each basket is completed with four rose and cream beads.  Followed by three little hedgehogs and a row of beaded flowers.


My favourite is the vegetables, they look quite detailed and enhanced by the rabbit charm.


I loved stitching this as it was a change from the usual colour of linen.  The amount of thread that was supplied with the kit was huge and will probably make another four of these.

It's off to the framers next week with a couple of other pieces.  I whizzed through this in two and a half days as I want to start on a Mani Di Donna pattern which I will share with you this evening in the stitch along Friday Night With Friends.

See you later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...