Saturday 23 March 2013

The Royal School of Needlework, Glasgow

Today I am away somewhere very special.  A friend and I are off to The Royal School of Needlework in Glasgow for a tuition day in Stumpwork Embroidery with Lizzy Lansberry.


There are loads of courses available but until we went to Glasgow a couple of weeks ago I did not know they run in Glasgow which is fantastic for training for certification without having to go to London.

We are travelling by first class train and we can't wait, as you are reading this, we will learning our new techniques and then having a nice lunch at The Willows Tea Rooms which are decorated in a wonderful Rennie Mackintosh theme, they sell all sorts of products all related to Rennie Mackintosh so I am sure we will come back with something nice.

I really have to push myself to do things like this as it will zap all my energy so I am resting up beforehand and then will be resting up afterwards but I wanted to take the opportunity of learning something in a small class and seeing how I get on as I have to have something positive to cling to in the middle of all mine and my families health problems.  We haven't had the best start to the year with losing my precious Uncle so young, our son having serious health issues since December but our GP has just been fantastic with him, admitting him to hospital when needed, believe me he needed it, now he is having bloods done each week and is hoping to be back at University after Easter whilst still having his health problems sorted out and our daughter is having her thyroid problems finally sorted out.  I am back and forth to the hospital for my various appointments for leg and foot strapping, insoles, stomach problems etc etc.  I am hoping to get more help though which I am sure will make a difference to all of my families lives.  We have to remain positive but sometimes it is very hard to do and seeing a friend or two and having the occasional day out certainly does brighten your spirits.  If you ever get the opportunity to go to a class, just do it and you never know where it might lead.

Enjoy your weekend all and I will be back with new posts on Monday. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...