Thursday 21 March 2013

Lorna Bateman Embroidered Precious Pincushion

I recently had the opportunity of attending a craft show at Glasgow and managed to purchase one of Lorna Bateman's kits for a Precious Pincushion called sunshine and flowers.


There was one on display at the show and I just fell in love with it.

Lorna has loads of kits on her website as well as useful class information and also retreat info.  The website is called www.varigalore.com and is well work a visit if you are interested in embroidery.

I chose this particular project for my Mum's Birthday as she is a Qualified Sugarcrafter but unfortunately has had to throw out some of her very old samples she did for certification.  Anyway the colours in the pincushion are my Mum's colours and I thought it would be a perfect replacement for the missing flowers/displays in the glass cabinet and the best bit is - it will last forever.  I will keep you updated on my progress with this in other posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...