Friday, 22 March 2013

Sunshine & Flowers Precious Pincushion

The first part of stitching the pincushion is the Spider's web roses.  I have used the recommended Chameleon threads from Lorna's website as I have never used Perle No.12 before but I will certainly be using it from now on as well as my DMC threads.


When you open the pattern pack, there is the pre-printed fabric and a piece of muslin for the back.  These were the first flowers that needed to be done, Spider's Web Roses.  I am fortunate that in the past I have used these stitches on my daughter's dresses that I made and taught myself through Country Bumpkin Smocking & Embroidery Magazines and books.  I am quite pleased with how they turned out as it is something I haven't done for a couple of years but it has certainly renewed my interest in embroidery - thanks Lorna :)