Saturday 6 April 2024

Friday Night With Friends Stitching 


A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much but it takes quite a long time getting the right shading and depth to the colours to match my photograph.



Oblique Slav Stitch in four shades of DMC blue thread, two strands of each colour.  The Clouds are Cashmere Stitch in two strands of  Appletons white and one strand of DMC metallic white for lustre


Ten needles threaded at a time so I don't need to keep going back and forth with needle threading, trimming and cutting.

I am really pleased with the effect so far and it is starting to come together.  This is definitely a magnifying lamp project even with my very strong close work glasses.

Pop over the Cheryl's Gone Stitchin' Blog to check out what other friends have been working on.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and thank you for visiting.

Elaine

 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your visit to my blog and lovely to pop over and see your amazing work.... such detail in that canvaswork...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh - full credit to anyone who can cross stitch from a photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching - looking forward to seeing more of this as it progresses. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog - but as you are a "No reply" blogger - I cant reply...I need your email address.

    ReplyDelete

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...