Tuesday 19 June 2018

Patchwork Retreat June 2018


After a couple of weeks of re-evaluating, having a break from the stresses and strains of daily life, I found my mojo after a fabulous week with good friends at a patchwork retreat in the lakes.  I am going to share a daily catch up of all my work over the week.  Grab a coffee, like me and enjoy :)


My lovely GF Lemon Drizzle along with my usual skinny latte and today I received the great news that I won my appeal for getting my prescription flour.  I really wasn't expecting to win but I am so pleased that I made the choice to write to our CCCG, it took a bit of my time up but has been so worth it.  Hears to working on some new recipes for gluten free.


The Monday saw me working on my Gail Pan Berries and Bluebirds pattern, the applique is complete for all of the quilt with the exception of the small border pieces on some of the blocks.  The above is block number one all finished.


Monday afternoon and I got to work on block number two, the border on along with the applique pieces tacked down but not stitched.  I discovered that my glasses really aren't strong enough for me and I needed to make an appointment to get them sorted.  I have seen my optician this week and found out that in seven months my eyesight really has deteriorated and was probably causing alot of my headaches and generally feeling crap.  New glasses are now on their way - some fabulous ones which I will share with you when they arrive.

I made some beautiful cupcakes for one of the ladies 60th birthday which we enjoyed on the Monday - no photos - sorry.  We did have a gift exchange - from Christmas - as I hadn't seen some of the ladies since last year.  It was lovely to catch up with them.  I was initially a little anxious about going to the retreat - just because of everything that is happening on the homefront - but everyone made me feel so comfortable that by Wednesday I was feeling alot better, I just have to learn that I can't control everything that happens and I can't change lots of things - it's a steep learning curve!!

Come back again to see my next retreat day, thanks for joining me and take care :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...