Wednesday 6 February 2019

Here we are again ...

As a few of you know, I fell last year and made a good job of it with a broken hand and was in a cast for a few weeks.  I also injured my leg and have been waiting ten months in total for physiotherapy as I don't have any feeling in my left leg which makes mobility difficult.

I finally got a call last week to tell me that I had an appointment for physiotherapy today at 1.00 p.m.

After a long day stitching with the RSN yesterday - hubby was back at work today and I have the car, I decided to nip down to see Mum and Dad and take my RSN Crewelwork, when the unimaginable happened.  I fell down the stairs and have managed to fracture my fibula and my foot, it's a mess, I'm a mess and I am just in disbelief.  I'm in a moon boot for eight weeks and lots of painkillers because it's crying pain and my foot and leg are huge.

On the plus side - which I am not really thinking that much on - I can get more sewing done and more blogging.

I got my first block of the Lori Holt Bloom quilt which I will photograph and post about later this week - once the painkillers have been working better than they are.

Take care all and apparently I should have less vodka with breakfast ;)

22 comments:

  1. I pray that the pain meds get on top of the pain and that the healing process can begin. Also you find you can work on your stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare, hoping to stitch once meds have been sorted and kicked in, having to wait for the right ones.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you will soon be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Ellie. Sorry to hear you had a fall. Feel better soon. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh... that is really bad luck for you. Hope you get the pain under control soon... rest up and take advantage of it while you can.... frustrating as it may be..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're telling me Fiona, once the meds are sorted I will be a bit more comfortable. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh! That is awful... I hope your pain lessens soon and you are feeling better soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG ....I do hope you improve as the weeks go by, I guess that stitching is a plus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stitching is definitely a plus Helen, I could embroider my moon boot too lol

      Delete
  7. OMGosh - Ellie you have been "in the wars" - focus on the extra stitching - take the painkillers - you can't heal and fight pain - so doctors tell me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely feels like it, cant wait for the meds to kick in ;)

      Delete
  8. Ellie that is awful!! Poor you. Do hope the pain lessens soon and on the plus side look forward to seeing more of you here. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin, I can reply to your comments now without emailing, Blogger seems to have worked itself out. Feeling a little sorry for myself and I am looking forward to being around a lot more :) Take care xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Ellie oh dear I am so sorry to hear this,hope it all heals quickly for you my friend .its fantastic Google have changed a lot of their google plus and now I can comment,whoo hoo,take care my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Sheryl, I am a bit more comfortable this morning. Off to an appointment this morning and then I am back home for resting for two weeks so looking forward to seeing what everyone is up to and being able to comment, like you say Sheryl, whoooooh, easy peasy now, see you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that's terrible Ellie. I hope you heal quickly xx

    ReplyDelete

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...