Sunday 30 December 2018

Bloom Quilt Along with Cheryll ... 2019






Cheryll is hosting a quilt along for 2019 and it's the Lori Holt Bloom Sew Along Pattern.  It was originally completed in 2016 with Lori's Calico Days fabric range.


It is gorgeous and uses an abundance of appliqued flower patterns.


All the blocks are worked in nine inch squares of white and edged with strips of all the fabrics that are used to make the flowers.  I am giving mine a teal border and matching binding in similar colours.


It has Tilda fabric written all over it and here is mine all set to go.  All fat eighths Best Pressed with Mary Ellen and the yardage cut down to the eighths that are needed and pressed.  20 pieces of white backing for each block.


The Tilda Pardon My Garden range as well as the 


Tilda Spring Diaries range which match perfectly.

I still haven't made my mind up on which applique to use, the hand or the machine method.  I love the hand method as it is invisible but I have looked at the machine method using a monofilament thread which seems invisible and I am very tempted to give it a go.  

If you would like to join us from the 8th January and finish this gorgeous quilt by June 2019 then popover here or keep an eye out for everyone's weekly blog post about their versions of the Bloom quilt.

Happy Stitching All :) xx

No comments: