Sunday 29 July 2018

Tula Pink De La Luna


I couldn't resist the new Tula Pink De La Luna fabric - I am not going to tell you how much I bought, but this is the first project - The Snowglobes quilt pattern.


It was originally done in Tula Pink's Deadly Nightshade but I think it lends itself perfectly to the De La Luna collection.



The nature of the design means there is alot of fussy cutting the pieces as I want them to be the right way round when the quilt is put together.


The skulls work great with the sizes that you need to cut as well as the eye pattern.


The first of twelve blocks, there are four in pink, four in purple and four in turquoise.

I bought some extra fabric from the fat quarter shop in US and it arrived within four days of ordering.  In the UK there is also Sewhot and Flip Flop fabrics that are selling it and have it in stock.

I love the fabric but the hassle of getting it in this country from online retailer The Quilt Room has been a little bit - er - frought.  I won't be ordering from them again.  They cut the fabric down from what I ordered and didn't even bother to contact me to check that I didn't need it, sent a credit note to cover the difference but didn't have any of the fabric available for purchasing and anytime you ring - it's never the person you need, fortunately after a partial refund from the company, Paypal actually sorted out the refund properly so I didn't lose any money.  There is something to be said by using them for your purchases.  It wasn't a great day on Friday, our car got a flat and it took three hours waiting for the breakdown people to arrive because the inflation kit didn't work.  I am just pleased I wasn't on my own.  It has rain non stop since Friday so the plants and lakes are happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment