Wednesday 11 July 2018

Here, there and everywhere...


We have been very busy lately and I have not had the time to stitch so I thought I would share a little of what we did do .... Eat, very healthy, but out quite a few times.


We visited Eccleshall near Birmingham to pick up my sewing machine and stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast called Eagle House.  It was a stunning house and the owners were wonderful.  We had a meal out in the evening at a local pub, chicken supreme with mushroom and blue cheese sauce, green beans, shredded cooked cabbage and braised leeks with potato dauphinoise.  We also had chicken liver pate with gluten free bread to start with.



For breakfast the next morning this was what we came down to, an incredible selection of fresh fruit and cereals including gluten free.


The amount of fresh fruit was incredible, all freshly prepared on site by the owners.


I don't think I missed anything off my fruit platter, covering my seven a day and then a cooked gluten free breakfast which was just as delicious.  We can't wait to head back and take family as they would love it too.


We then moved on to Dundee to move our son into his new apartment and have a few days at our favourite stay - Westport Serviced Apartments for three nights.  We managed to do alot of walking and this was the view from the Dundee Law Monument which has views right around but this one is my favourite of the Tay Bridge over the River Tay.

We probably did too much whilst we were away and along with the heat my health has taken a little bit of a beating and I am now having a quiet few days to top up my energy stores.

Back to stitching later in the week.  Take care all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...