Wednesday 4 July 2018

Bernina 440 QE Aurora Sewing Machine

Look at my new beauty...


I have waited a long time for this little bundle.  This is my birthday present (a little early by three months I know) and it arrived on Friday, after a little trip to Frank Knutt in Birmingham who had it advertised as second hand and used.


I mention the secondhand and used because after she was serviced and brought home I checked the hours count and found out that she has been used a grand total of 141 hours of stitching time since 2006.  She is absolutely immaculate and came with all of the usual accessories.


13 Bobbins, a straight stitch plate, a pack of Microtex needles, the maintenance tools and threading extras along with patchwork, blind hem, zig zag, freemotion and zipper feet.  I also got the Bernina Ruler Quilting Foot.


The Bernina Stitch Regulator (BSR) in the tin with three more foot attachments.


The three sole walking foot in it's original box.

I can't believe this is now in my house, a worth waiting for Bernina.  I have been told that she will be absolutely fantastic for my patchwork and freemotion quilting needs.

A HUGE thank you to my family for my birthday present, I love it.  Hope to be sharing a few projects soon after getting a little DIY done around the home and moved our son into his new digs in Scotland.  Happy stitching all and thanks for passing by :)



2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me the throat space on your machine? I have tried searching online for the distance from the needle to the right vertical side of the 440 qe machine and can't find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I have measured it and the space from needle to the right is 7.5". There is room to quilt large quilts. Hope that helps, ask away if you want to know more about the 440, it is a great machine. :)

      Delete

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...