Monday 2 January 2017

Review of 2016

I thought my last year needed a review as I was a little side-tracked from doing my blog posts.

Quilted Christmas Tree.
I saw these being made on You Tube by Jim Chapman from an Aunties Pattern.


It is one of three that I made over Christmas whilst I have been suffering from an horrendous cold and having to stay in bed.

Happy 27th Anniversary to me and hubby.


I received an amazing bouquet of flowers, yellow roses, orchids, lillies, white roses, cream roses, gerberas and lots more.  They were absolutely stunning and lasted for weeks.


I started on my Bluebirds and Berries appliqued quilt and was really pleased with the results.


I made a toddlers quilt in blues, creams and browns.  It went together really well with squares of 5" and sashing in chocolate brown with a blue border.


Westport Serviced Apartments in Dundee.


We moved our son to Dundee for his four year university course and he has made a brilliant start.  We found these beautiful apartments right in the middle of Dundee and decided to have a stay in the lap of luxury.  They are amazing apartments, some over one floor and others over two floors, like the one we stayed in.  We felt extremely pampered and will shortly be going back for our third stopover there when we deliver sunshine back to University.  


The view from our two floor apartment looks right across Dundee, to the shops, across the Tay, up to the University and you can also view the progress on the new V&A museum being built.  


The apartment includes two en suite bedrooms, superking size beds, dining rooms, living area, kitchen with all mod cons, office area and loads more


Drew, Carla and the rest of the Westport Team are incredible at their jobs, they don't miss anything out for your stay and you even get discount cards for eating in the local area.  Breakfasts are especially nice at the West House Restaurant and very reasonable.


In the evenings I suggest a visit to the local Chinese Restaurant, The Mandarin Garden where the food was to die for.  The crispy duck is one of the best I have tasted.

The Royal School of Needlework

I am now more than half way through my Jacobean Crewelwork Certificate course and Tracy Franklin is a brilliant tutor, I don't regret starting this and can't wait to move onto the next stage.

As always I shared my year of crafting with my great friends, Bev, Cath, Jen, Janet and Helen and look forward to another year this year with courses by Philippa Naylor being held at Fobbles (www.fobbles.co.uk) as well as stitching weekends and the annual exhibition in July.

All the best for 2017 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...