Sunday 8 September 2013

Golden Wedding Anniversary Card


Golden Wedding Anniversary Card & Verse.


I was asked to make a Golden Wedding Anniversary card.  Where do I start.  Everything in stash and not anything that was gold or cream coloured so this has to go on record as one of the most expensive cards ever as I had to stock up on quite a few bits and pieces but I can see me being asked for more so I thought it was a good move.

The card itself is cream cardstock.  Gold pearlised cardstock for the first matt.  I then embossed a cream cardstock with one of the new Anna Griffin embossing folders which are simply stunning and really lift the backgrounds.  Two pieces of different ribbon are layered together and Spellbinders new labels dies for the two matts under the glittered and scrolled 50 which was diecut from Cricut Cartridge Tie the Knot.  The lattice punch is a Martha Stewart punch which was used with the Anna Griffin Border Embossing Folder.

I finished off with gems on the outside and decided not to put any wording on the front as I really didn't want anything to detract from the importance of the 50 years.

The inside of the card was a cream insert with a Microsoft Word border as set out below.  The verse came from one of the many Christian Faith Free Verse websites and really fitted with the celebration.  Enjoy :)

We celebrate with you
The Golden years of life
That day you came together
To join as husband and wife
The Lord has walked with you
Through every precious year 

As you have trusted in His Word
And gone to Him in prayer
And He will still walk with you
As each New Year unfolds
A future filled with blessings
And abundant grace untold

M. S Lowndes





No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...