Saturday, 19 January 2013

Zoophabet!

Just started this project today, a baby girl's quilt in the Cathy Heck fabric Zoophabet - obviously in pink :)



I have cut 16 4 1/2 inch squares of each of the above fabrics which will then be sewn together.


I have fussy cut the border horizontally so that I have all the animals with the matching words to go all around the squares.


I have fussy cut the border fabric into 8 1/2 inch squares.

I am in the process of stitching and as soon as I finish the first part I will take some photographs and you can see which way it will go together.  So it will be a 36" square quilt which has used two yards of fabric - 1/2 yard of four different types.

This should have been done towards the end of last year but unfortunately plans change as we had some bad family news and we were in Nottingham for a family funeral.  The loss of my Uncle has had a really big impact on me, it is the deepest sense of loss I have ever had and I am going to try and make some positive changes in my life in respect of him.  My Uncle was extremely creative and some time in the near future I will post some pictures of his handmade items.