Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Sewing & Craft Room 2012

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it ...

My room is finished.  Here goes ...


Silver grey blackout blind decorated with buttons across the colour spectrum.  These were glued on with Claudine Hellmuth Matte Medium and took four hours to dry.  I measured four inches up from the bottom and drew a feint line so they would be straight.  Four tealight candle holders in purple on the window ledge with Yankee Candle Roses scented candles.


My dresser top after being sanded, stained and varnished.  Fixed to the wall showing my Mr Benn and Bagpuss Robert Harrop figurines.  A tiny little brass fox that belongs to our son, it belong to his Grandad Mork and is now James's.  A dragon and cupcake that my son and daughter made and decorated along with my Moda jelly rolls and block of the month holder.


Slim bookcase mounted to the wall, with all my Stampin' Up stamps, letterpress bits and pieces, small jars of buttons and large jars of flowers.  The jars are from ikea.  The large jar has little two and three inch squares of fabric from scraps, great for making something quick.


I purchased the two pine wood units from an antique dealer in Grimsby, £7.50 for each one, a bargain, they hold my fat quarters and some half yards of fabric.  The large picture that you can see on the shelf is me when I was 23 years old, just before I married Borge.  I designed my own evening dress and this was my photograph taken once the dress was completed.  I will put some pictures of the dress on later.  My smocking pleater sits underneath, along with my ipod classic, Stampin' Up wheels, camera accessories and my Copic pens.  I love these and I am hoping they will come in handy for designing.


ikea units hold my scrapbook papers and cardstock.  Layered boxes hold all my punches.  Stampin' Up embellishment carousel.  My two totes are by All My Memories, the large one has all my scrapbook tools in and the small one has all my sewing/quilting tools in.  On the wall is my handmade Pat Bravo Art Gallery fabric bag, a heart that was a gift as part of a swap I took part in last year.  Also hanging up is my first Tilda Doll in a dressing gown.  They are both hung on a Home and Heart hangers which I am in the process of altering.


The bottom dresser holds three wickers baskets that are lined, one has my block of the month patterns in, the middle one has the block of the month that I am working on along with all the cut fabric pieces and the third one holds a bundle of handmade cards ready to be used.  My Brother Innovis 1200 sewing machine sits on top, the drawers have my ready to make projects in so I know where to find them for ease.  The light is a daylight lamp which is great for night-time sewing or when I am choosing colours to match.  The two boxes on the bottom are Soap & Glory zipped holdalls, one has my Moda Layer cakes in and the other has my Waltzingmouse Stamps in.



My desk was bought from an antique furniture place for £20.00, it is a handmade piece and is well crafted but I don't know who by, they made an excellent job as it is really sturdy.  It looks even better after being, sanded, stained and varnished.  The large unit next to the window stores all my scrapbook boxes.  Of course, I wouldn't be without my comfortable chair, also a bargain from a second hand shop for £5.00, it is virtually brand new and is very comfortable.


A longer view of the ikea units which have my threads in Artbin boxes and a few empty spaces which I haven't quite made my mind up what I want to use them for so watch this space.



My Cricut machine and Cuttlebug machine ready for use with all the tools and dies stored underneath for ease.  A hanging portable waste basket that folds up to go to workshops.


The basket on the floor has my finished projects in that are waiting to be labelled, wrapped and boxed up for August when I go to see my nieces.

I hope you have enjoyed your tour of my craft room and I hope that it is going to keep me motivated and inspired over the next few years while I try to figure out what I am going to work at. :)