Monday 26 March 2012

Mother's Day

We have had a really busy couple of weeks and last weekend was no exception.

We decided to visit Kristian for the day at Uni in Teesside so that we could spend the day as a family - something that rarely happens these days. 

We got up at 6.00 a.m. and headed out of the door by 7.00 a.m. with Rachael and James both crashed out in the back for the two hour journey.  Hardly any traffic getting through which meant we did the trip in record time.  

Picked Kristian up at 9.00 a.m. and headed off to the retail park, shopping and eating was the theme for the day.  Very naughty and totally unhealthy lunch at Burger King, we don't have one locally so I love to get in there for a visit when we can.  (Better tasting than McDonalds!!)

Beautiful sunshine all day and we all enjoyed each others company, with plenty of conversation about Uni, boys, girls, food, school and Summer holiday plans.  

Thank you to my family for my wonderful day out, it may just have been travelling and BurgerKing, but it was the company that was important.

These were all my goodies bought for me for my Mother's Day presents from hubby and the three children.


Moda Sweetwater Reunion and Moda Shangri-la charm packs


Moda Blackbird Designs Blackberry Crumb Cake Layer Cake


Bareroots Scrappy Quilt with scallop border, Sewline Duo Marker (NEEDED that) and my new BOM Lynette Anderson - Stitched By Me - comes complete with button and accessories.


Whimsical Just Spooling Around Book and the Quilter's Companion 2012 Yearbook.

Wasn't I absolutely ruined - I love everything I got - but guess what - I am still waiting for one more package   to arrive from the USA - a Cape Ann 1/2 yard bundle.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...