Saturday 17 March 2012

Friday Night Sew-In Part 2

Good morning crafters, I managed to get something made last night and here are my results :)


From a 10.5 inch piece of a fabric that has been folded and pressed, place a 4.25 inch square in the middle and fold the triangles in, stitch in place


Choose a couple more charm squares on the folded fabric and bring over the edge of the triangles by 1/4 inch then stitch on the outer edge very close.  A normal straight stitch is good for the top stitching but for the piecing I would suggest a smaller stitch so that it is tight for when you are stuffing the pincushion.  Repeat for each triangle to make the window.


Stitch together four charms (2 lots of 2), press the seams to one side.  Turn the window onto the backing piece with right sides together and stitch remembering to leave a gap for turning.  Stuff until full and firm and then stitch using invisible stitch so you can't make out where it was turned.


Stitch a co-ordinating button in the middle and there you go.  The Moda Bakeshop has the original recipe and gives you all the instructions.


Hope you like it, I love the colours.  The fabric is Moda Grace by 3Sisters.

4 comments:

  1. Your new pincushion turned out great! It was a good decision to go ahead and make it. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy, it was a good decision and one I hope to continue :) Guess what though, I didn't keep the pincushion as I knew my mum would love it and the pins as she knits and needs some long pins so she was delighted with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric combination is perfect! I'd love it as a quilt block arrangement too.. but the color combo.. spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mel, I made a little stand for a yankee candle to sit on as well and it looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...