Tuesday 13 March 2012

Block of the Month Holders

Isn't this just the most gorgeous fabric, it is Robert Kaufman Vintage Couturier, best placed I thought for making a couple of different sized block of the month holders.  Again, inspiration from Fresh Fabric Treats but I used my own pattern and sizes.  I have a quilting friend that I meet with on a regular basis and we are working on blocks of the month so this is going to be the most useful tool ever.  It will keep our blocks of month clean and tidy, but, it will be lovely to just sit and look through to see what work we have got done.  I preferred to use pastel fabrics as I am quite clumsy and spill drinks so wanted to make sure there wasn't any chance of colours running into my stitcheries once they are in the holder.





The pages are made from Doctor's flannel and the backing is Robert Kaufman Kona Cotton Solids Ivory.  All of the patterned fabrics used are available from www.nelarofabrics.co.uk and the Kona cotton is available from www.pollyanapatchwork.co.uk  The spotted border is Moda Vintage Dots from the Fig Tree Quilts Whimsy collection, I couldn't find anymore but did find a suitable alternative from their Butterscotch and Roses collection.

It didn't take a long time to make them up - done in a weekend. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Shirley
    Florissant, Mo.
    USA

    ReplyDelete

Friday Night With Friends Stitching  A quiet Friday evening stitching my Royal School of Needlework Canvaswork.  It doesn't look much bu...