Sunday 18 February 2018

Gillian Blackwork Progress...


As you can see, I kept myself busy today inbetween coughing and sneezing. 


This is actually alot easier than it looks.  I did wonder if I had bitten off more than I could chew but once you get into the pattern of the stitches and how to shade it comes together quite quickly.


The darker shade is the shadow of the hare.  I am going to blend the two tomorrow using the two needle technique so then I can see exactly what shade should be where.  I will also add a few more outer individual stitches so that the outer area isn't as harsh and appears more blended with the linen.

I haven't decided about the inner flowers on the hare as I would prefer not to be the gold thread on the flowers and maybe just do a few different blackwork techniques in each flower instead of a solid stitched area.  I do like to put my own spin on a design, then even if it is stitched by somebody else it still has a little individuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment